November on HBO NOW
Just like almost every month, a Time Warner giant opens with several blockbuster movies to be streamed this November with a couple of exciting movie premieres, a new foreign-language series, and the return of the Duplass brothers’ anthology show, Room 104. High-profile films making their HBO debut this month include a sci-fi sequel Pacific Rim Uprising and a horror prequel Annabelle: Creation, as well as an erotic thriller Fifty Shades Freed. Several movies also leave the platform so this is your last chance to see Charlize Theron’s action-packed spy film Atomic Blonde, as well as Harry Potter spinoff feature Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
List of shows
The full list of shows that will appear this November on HBO NOW can be found right below but we would like to recommend a couple of movies that will definitely be worth your time.
1. A Cure for Wellness - delightfully bizarre, absurdly violent and grotesque movie by Gore Verbinski. A nod to the line of movies with the mad scientist conducting experiments that “defy god and nature” in a picturesque old castle. A horror epic which will not disappoint.
2. Darkest Hour – a biographic drama with an absolutely amazing role of Gary Oldman depicting Winston Churchill. This year’s Academy Awards double winner and four-times nominee – speaks for itself. A must-watch.
3. A Perfect World – a 1993 classic directed by Clint Eastwood starring Kevin Costner telling a compelling story of an unusual friendship between a kidnapped boy and his captor with delicate, nostalgic use of the Texas countryside, as well as the natural performances of the actors. A very good movie.
4. Atomic Blonde – a rollercoaster of a movie with Charlize Theron as a super-spy and James McAvoy set in a Cold War era Berlin. A female version of Jason Bourne crossed with John Wick, which makes it even more attractive to watch.
5. War for the Planet of the Apes – the latest and definitely the most impressive instalment of the Planet of the Apes franchise with yet another awesome role of Andy Serkis and special effects that will make you gasp. Look at this featurette and come back to HBO NOW to see the entire movie.
6. Pacific Rim: Uprising - the sequel to Guillermo del Toro’s sci-fi monster epic starring Star Wars hero John Boyega. Although the movie did not necessarily gain a lot of critical appraisal but it is pure adrenaline-pumped action just when you want to relax and not dive too deep into the meanders of a human soul.
7. Tomb Raider – a new take on a legendary game heroine Lara Croft made famous by the line of movies with Angelina Jolie, now played by Alicia Vikander. Fun to watch and worth checking out, if only for comparing purposes.
8. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri – another this year’s double Oscar winner with unforgettable roles of Frances McDormand and Woody Harrelson. A deeply morally serious movie in a volatile comedy-drama style showing a universal human tragedy in a microcosmic world of a small town.
9. The Lego Batman Movie – something for the kids. Although not a serious movie as you probably suspect, it does, however, genuinely care about the Batman mythos making it one of the most surprisingly authentic Batman movies ever made. Lots of fun anyway.
10. American Made – an action biography comedy in a typical catch-me-if-you-can spirit with infallible Tom Cruise as an American pilot who became a drug-runner for the CIA in the 1980s in a clandestine operation that would be exposed as the Iran-Contra Affair. Good old Tom.
The list of shows available on HBO NOW in November:
HBO First Look: Bohemian Rhapsody (11/1)
We Are Not Done Yet (11/8)
When You Wish Upon a Pickle: A Sesame Street Special (11/10)
The Price of Everything (11/12)
24/7 The Match: Tiger vs. Phil (11/13)
The Emperor’s Newest Clothes (11/15)
Entre Nos: Orlando Leyba (11/16)
HBO First Look: The Favourite (11/19)
The Truth About Killer Robots (11/26)
Axios, Documentary Series Premiere (11/4)
My Brilliant Friend, Series Premiere (11/18)
Room 104, Season 2 Premiere (11/9)
Sally4Ever, Season 1 Premiere (11/11)
Sesame Street, Season 49 Premiere (11/17)
Pod Save America, Series Finale (11/3)
Tracey Ullman’s Show, Season 3 Finale (11/2)
The Deuce, Season 2 Finale (11/4)
Esme & Roy, Season 1A Finale (11/10)
Real Time with Bill Maher, Season 16 Finale (11/17)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Season 5 Finale (11/19)
Chumel Con Chumel Torres, Season 3 Finale (11/19)
Axios, Documentary Series Finale (11/25)
Diez minutos antes, 2017 (11/1)
Hombre de Fe, 2017 (11/23)
La Familia, 2018 (11/9)
Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy (Extended Version), 2004
Anywhere But Here, 1999
Cheaper By The Dozen, 2003
Cop Car, 2015
Cradle 2 The Grave, 2003
Crimes And Misdemeanors, 1989
Dangerous Minds, 1995
Edge Of Darkness, 2010
Extreme Measures, 1996
First Daughter, 2004
Four Christmases, 2008
Hard Candy, 2005
Head Over Heels, 2001
In The Name Of The Father, 1993
Knight And Day (Extended Version), 2010
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life, 2003
The Mask, 1994
Once Upon A Time In Mexico, 2003
Vampires Suck (Extended Version), 2010
Without A Trace, 1983
Fifty Shades Freed (Extended Version), 2018
Axios, Documentary Series Premiere
Room 104, Season 2 Premiere
Love, Simon, 2018
Paddington 2, 2017
Sally4Ever, Season 1 Premiere
Annabelle: Creation, 2017
Ideal Home, 2018
Sesame Street, Season 49 Premiere
Pacific Rim: Uprising, 2018
My Brilliant Friend, Series Premiere
Tomb Raider, 2018
All those shows will be available in November but, as you probably know, they may not be available everywhere. Because of geographical restrictions, the best streaming services are limited to certain locations, mostly to the US. What it practically means is that if you happen to be outside the United States, you will get the message that content is not available for your location…
What to do
We would not be wasting our time, and yours, if we did not have a solution to this problem. We do – Smart DNS Proxy, a simple and easy-to-use technology to get rid of those annoying messages and allow you to enjoy the full wealth of the streaming platform. Simply create a free, 14-day trial account if you haven’t done it yet, follow our instructions to set up smart DNS on your device and there you go – you can watch not only HBO NOW but also Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and hundreds of other streaming sites available with our services.
Enjoy HBO NOW and other platforms with us!
BACK TO NEWS